Sharjah Excellence Award was launched as one of the many initiatives of Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the United Arab Emirates. It was created to set the emirate of Sharjah as a hub were businesses and investments meet. The vision, mission and the objectives of the award, were all structured to focus on growth and development by reinforcing the concept of performance excellence and quality across all business sector’s organizations.
The Sharjah Excellence Award program consists of 7 awards:
1. Sharjah Gulf Excellence Award - For Large, Small and Medium organizations in the GCC Countries Private Sector. It follows the Excellence Model of the European Foundation for Quality Management
2. Sharjah Gulf Localization Award - For Large, Small and Medium organizations in the GCC Countries Private Sector that most employ UAE and GCC nationals. Nomination for this category will be evaluated based on recruitment, training, qualifications and job sustainability.
3. Sharjah Excellence Award - Designed to help Large, Small and Medium organizations from the Private Sector in Sharjah to improve their performance. This category follows the Excellence Model of the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM).
4. Sharjah Small & Medium Enterprises Award
Targets innovative entrepreneurial ventures and newly emerged, fast-growing, private sector organizations in the United Arab Emirates. This category will be evaluated based on Innovation, Market Share, Sustainability, Customers, Data, Growth Level and Future
Plans. Two winners will each receive a cash award of 25,000 AED.
5. Sharjah Entrepreneurs Award
Targets the most successful and leading entrepreneurs in the United Arab Emirates whom had put a footprint in the business world which has a significant impact on their personal and professional life. Nominations in this category will be evaluated based on Vision,
Leadership, Professionalism and Business Sustainability. Two winners will each receive a cash Award of 50,000 AED.
6. Sharjah Green Award - Rewards organizations from “Public & Private” Sectors in Sharjah applying the best environmental in Sharjah. Nominations will be evaluated based on a criteria which includes Reduction of Gas Emissions and Waste, Sustainability Promotion, Recycling, use of Environmentally Friendly Materials, Water and Energy Efficiency, Training, Safety and Employee Engagement.
7. Sharjah Social Responsibility Award - Recognizes organizations from Public & Private” Sectors in Sharjah which pay attention to the importance of improving their Corporate Social Responsibility performance and sustainability. Nominations will be evaluated based on Community Awareness
Campaigns, Participations in Local Charities, Voluntary and Educational Activities,
Creating Initiatives that Promote a Healthy Workplace and Provide Job Opportunities and
Training for the Youth.
How to Apply