To benefit Sharjah’s economy in all sectors by promoting sustainable economic growth and recognizing achievements in businesses.
Award Mission, Values and Objectives
Strengthening culture, organizational excellence and innovation in Sharjah by utilizing global best practices of promoting and celebrating all business sectors and creating a positive competitive environment in the emirate.
• Promoting a culture of quality, excellence and innovation in all institutions in the business sector in the emirate and beyond
• Supporting initiatives and practices that grow organizational excellence in Sharjah
• Improving the results and outputs of the economic projects in Sharjah
• Sustainable growth
• Having the desire to do business
• Motivation with knowledge
The Sharjah Excellence Award program consists of 9 awards:
1. Sharjah Gulf Excellence Award – For Large, Small and Medium organizations in the GCC Countries Private Sector. It follows the Excellence Model of the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM).
2. Sharjah Gulf Localization Award – For Large, Small and Medium organizations in the GCC Countries Private Sector that most employ UAE and GCC nationals. Nomination for this category will be evaluated based on recruitment, training, qualifications and job sustainability.
3. Sharjah Excellence Award – Designed to help Large, Small and Medium organizations from the Private Sector in Sharjah to improve their performance. This category follows the Excellence Model of the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM).
4. Sharjah Small & Medium Enterprises Award – Targets innovative entrepreneurial ventures and newly emerged, fast-growing, private organizations in the United Arab Emirates. Those sectors are categorized according to Ministry of Economy in the UAE based on size of man power and yearly revenue to 3 categories: Infinitely small businesses, small businesses, and medium businesses. This category will be evaluated based on strategic Planning, Marketing, Innovation, Risk Management and Business Results. Two winners, each will receive a cash award of 50,000 AED.
5. Sharjah Entrepreneurs Award – Targets the most successful and leading entrepreneurs in the United Arab Emirates whom had put a footprint in the business world which has a significant impact on their personal and professional life. Nominations in this category will be evaluated based on Personal Characteristics, Strategic Direction, Professionalism, Innovation and Business Results.
6. Sharjah Green Award – Rewards organizations from “Public & Private” Sectors in Sharjah applying the best environmental in Sharjah. Nominations will be evaluated based on a criteria which includes Reduction of Gas Emissions and Waste, Sustainability Promotion, Recycling, Ese of Environmentally Friendly Materials, Water and Energy Efficiency, Training, Safety and Employee Engagement.
7. Sharjah Social Responsibility Award – Recognizes organizations from Public & Private” Sectors in Sharjah which pay attention to the importance of improving their Corporate Social Responsibility performance and sustainability. Nominations will be evaluated based on Community Awareness Campaigns, Participations in Local Charities, Voluntary and Educational Activities, Creating Initiatives that Promote a Healthy Workplace and Provide Job Opportunities and Training for the Youth.
8. Sharjah Best Security Standards Award – Launched in partnership with Sharjah Police General Directorate, aimed at implementing security safety standards at large and small and medium enterprises. Nomination is open for all organizations operating in all economic sectors in the emirate of Sharjah, and will be evaluated based on 3 main criteria: Safety and Security, Economic Sustainability, and Social responsibility.
9. Sharjah Entrepreneurs with Disability Award - In line with the wise vision and directives of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qassimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah on the necessity to enhance the growing confidence in the capabilities and potential of entrepreneurs with disabilities, to give them additional motivation for their projects, and to open investment fields for all entrepreneurs in Sharjah emirate. Nominations will be evaluated based on Personal Characteristics, Strategic Direction